Monday, June 1, 2009

And the winner is......

MC!!!
He writes: “So my wife used to be a nanny of 2 boys. She was with them for almost 3 years. When the oldest was around 3 he was really into Thomas and trains in general. His favorite Thomas character was Percy. He had all of the trains and about a mile worth of track and one day he couldn’t find the Percy train. Mind you, this is a 3 year old with a bit of a lisp He kept asking my wife and his mom “Where is my Percy? Where is my Percy?” Not good.
His mom and my wife got a good giggle out of it.”

Why do they make kids characters so hard to pronounce… let alone, precariously similar to inappropriate terms?! Look for an e-mail from me later today!

There were so many good stories (I wish I had time to make/send everyone who commented something) I had to choose a runner up… Shelly’s story wasn’t really a mispronunciation, but it still made me laugh until I almost cried! (maybe it’s because I teach the 3 & 4 year olds at my church, so I can DEFINITELY relate) She writes: “I can’t think of a good mispronunciation story (and my LO is only 2 mo old), so I’ll share another funny kid story, even if I don’t qualify for the drawing. My husband and I were in charge of singing time with the toddlers at church and we started up a round of “If You’re Happy and You Know It,” with the instruction being to jump up and down. One child piped up and said, “I can’t jump, because if I do, I’ll go poo poo and I don’t want to go poo poo right now.”

I’ll also be contacting Shelly today to send her a little something

Thanks to everyone who participated in the Giveaway, and a big thanks to Sew Mama Sew again for hosting!!

No comments:

Post a Comment