Monday, June 15, 2009

A great weekend...

Along with some exciting family news, my weekend was pretty fabulous in my opinion. I had a three days weekend thanks to my every other Friday off... Friday was spent sewing some baby gifts for a friend, sewing blocks together for my 3 crib-quilts to catch up with O.R.B. Co's Quilt Along, and up-cycling an old work blouse into an adorable newborn gown (see photos in next post). Unfortunately I missed my book-club meeting :( My best friend was sent to the E.R. around 6 p.m with severe chest pains and I didn't feel right leaving here there until her hubby could get off work to be with her. Luckily she was able to go home later that night, but she got no explanation for the pain... we're all praying that it was just a fluke, and not an indication of a real problem. Saturday was spent cleaning, and getting started on cutting the fabric for my mom's lounge chair. I'm hoping to finish the cushions up this week. Yesterday my hubby and I took some friends up to the lake for a few hours, and got to spend a lot of time just floating around and relaxing! I can't think of a better way to spend a Sunday afternoon.

This coming Friday is my birthday, and since it falls on Father's Day weekend, we are trying to plan a little get-away with the kids. I have next Monday off, so we are thinking about taking the kids to a nearby campground for their first tent-camping experience on Sunday afternoon/night, and then take them up to the lake on Monday. It should be fun!

No comments:

Post a Comment