Wednesday, June 10, 2009

A productive night...

I was able to wrap up & add 3 new pairs of booties to my Etsy shop, and press/cut my fabric for the Old Red Barn Co. Quilt Along! YAY!! I'm determined to catch up this week... we'll see how that goes. This weekend I'm planning on starting a project for my mom too. She bought a really cool double-lounge chair (Like this, but without the arms) and wants cushions made for it. She bought the foam, and some really cool red & white outdoor fabric. I have made pillows before, but never with outdoor material, and never on this large of a scale! I'm going to be making some piping to go around the edges in hopes of concealing any uneven seams. I did order a piping foot, so hopefully that will make the piping process easier! Now I just have to figure out how to join two pieces of foam together for the larger bottom piece... I'm hoping that maybe some spray adhesive along with a layer of muslin will help keep the pieces together and disguise the joint. I'll try to take pictures and post updates as I go along.

No comments:

Post a Comment